Airwallex is the leading financial technology platform for modern businesses growing beyond borders. With one of the world's most powerful payments and banking infrastructure, our technology empowers businesses of all sizes to accept payments, move money globally, and simplify their financial operations, all in one single platform.
Established in 2015 in Melbourne, our purpose is to connect entrepreneurs, business builders, makers and creators with opportunities in every corner of the world. Today, Airwallex has a global footprint across Asia-Pacific, Europe, and North America.
We are building the next generation of the Airwallex core banking platform. Our new Senior Backend Engineer will have a unique opportunity to lead the design and implementation of a new lending platform to power our lending capabilities - further unlocking a global revenue generation opportunity. The role spans the full SDLC from requirements capture, systems design, implementation, testing and operational support.
Attracting world class engineering talent is crucial to our long term success. We are also keen to contribute to the broader external engineering community in the form of blogs, talks and open source tools. Read about what we are up to here: https://medium.com/airwallex-engineering.
Who you are:
- 5+ years experience in modern engineering practices focused on continuous integration/delivery and quality engineering
- Desire to own an idea from inception through to implementation
- A commitment to producing high quality and well tested solutions
- Strong computer science fundamentals
- JVM based programming.
- While we do not mind what language you have most recently been using, we are using Kotlin
- Systems design experience
- Experience working with high throughput / low latency / HA distributed systems
- Experience in API design best practices
- Familiar with HTTP, TCP / IP protocol and REST specifications
- Mastery of Gradle / Maven or other build tools
- Familiar with the use of Docker cluster / Kubernetes
- Fluent English communication skills
As a bonus:
- Experience in Kotlin / Scala;
- Asynchronous ‘reactive' programming (RxJava, Akka, Spring Reactor, Vert.x);
- Kafka event streams;
- GCP, Alicloud or AWS (EC2, RDS, ELB, CloudFront, etc) and Kubernetes exposure;
- Operational tooling such as Splunk, New Relic, StatsD, Elk, Datadog, Prometheus