Nordcloud, an IBM company, is a European leader in cloud advisory, implementation, application development, managed services, and training. It's a recognized cloud-native pioneer with a proven track record of helping organizations leverage the public cloud in a way that balances quick wins, immediate savings, and sustainable value. Nordcloud is triple-certified across Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, and Amazon Web Services – and is a Visionary in Gartner's Magic Quadrant for Public Cloud IT Transformation Services. Nordcloud has 10 European hubs, over 1500 employees, and counting, and it has delivered over 1,000 successful cloud projects.
Joining Nordcloud is the chance of a lifetime to leave your mark on the European IT industry! We use an agile, cloud-native approach to empower clients to seize the full potential of the public cloud.
As a Senior AWS Cloud Architect at Nordcloud, you will work on various customer projects, from building a new infrastructure to migrations, audits and Big Data. The daily work can include everything from implementing a configuration management infrastructure to conducting workshops and design recommendations for a technical team. You will also become a trusted advisor to well-known companies and manage customer relationships and the roadmap together with the Nordcloud sales team.
Your daily work:
- Technical advisor for developers and AWS users
- Contribute to the design and implementation of cloud infrastructure solutions and services that meet the needs of our customers
- Communication with stakeholders and participation in coordination meetings
- Creation of innovative PoC
- Automating the cloud environment with CI/CD pipelines and Infrastructure as a Code
- Definition and implementation of security strategies
- Migration of on-premises workloads to cloud environments and modernization of old solutions to cloud-native technologies
- Practical AWS experience of successfully implemented projects and knowledge of the various AWS Platform Services.
- DevOps 'toolkit' and mindset
- Terraform knowledge
- Knowledge of container technologies (Kubernetes, Docker, EKS)
- Experience in the administration of Windows and/or Linux servers
- Good command of scripting languages (Powershell, Bash, etc.)
- Fluent communication skills in English
Nice to have:
- Database knowledge (SQL/NoSQL)
- Knowledge of configuration management tools (Puppet, Chef, Ansible)
- Network know-how
- Knowledge of serverless computing
- Developer background
- Consulting experience
- #TheCloudRevolution attitude!
- Relevant certifications are desired