Citi's technology team is growing at lightning speed, and we're looking for talented technologists to help build the future of global banking.
- Our teams are creating innovations used across the globe – we're changing the way people bank and how the world does business.
- Citi's technology team supports business operations in 100+ countries, across multiple lines of business spanning both Institutional and retail businesses.
- The group works to optimize the IT environment by standardizing production platforms, reducing complexity, and introducing innovative solutions that provide new business capabilities, reduce total cost of ownership, and create a competitive advantage for Citi.
- Join an environment with a laser focus on growth and progress, and take your career to the next level through the power of Citi's unmatched globality and vast expertise.
As one of the world's most global banks, Citi gives you the tools to be a trailblazer. We're not just building technology, we're building the future of banking. With thousands of employees located around the globe, we are an international team encompassing a broad range of teams, roles, and cultures, and we invite you to come and join us!
- Relationship Expertise
Citi's Treasury and Trade Solutions enables our clients' success by providing an integrated suite of innovative and tailored cash management and trade finance services to multinational corporations, financial institutions and public sector organizations across the globe.
Based on the foundation of the industry's largest proprietary network with banking licenses in over 100 countries and jurisdictions and globally integrated technology platforms, TTS continues to lead the way in offering the industry's most comprehensive range of digitally enabled treasury, trade and liquidity management solutions
With so many core businesses that impact so many transactions, TTS is always on the pulse of evolution. Here are our core businesses:
- Digital Channels and Data
- Commercial Cards
- Liquidity Management Services
- Global Trade
About the Role:
We are seeking to a cutting-edge technology manager who is adept in Site reliability management, as well as establishing and leading API platform strategic enablement.
Essential Functional Qualifications:
- Advanced level experience in as application support technical lead role**
- Experience in people management, can be limited as this role will involve managing very small team
- Adeptness and strong experience of senior stakeholder management
- Fast learner, our organization is multifaceted
- Team player
- Project management with demonstrable results in improving IT services
- Effectively share information with other support team members and with other technology teams
- Consistently demonstrates clear and concise written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to communicate appropriately to fostering teams and mentorship within team
- Capacity Planning/Forecasting exposure a plus
Essential Technical Qualifications:
- Experience in API design standards, patterns, and best practices for leading high volume low latency apps.
- Splunk, AppD/Kibana expertise are essential to perform and lead day to day duties.
- Experience supporting cloud and container-based technologies. (AWS and Openshift, Kubernetes is preferred)
- Ability to formulate and implement a framework for managing capacity, throughput and latency.
- Demonstrates an in-depth understanding of how apps support integrates within the overall technology function to achieve objectives; requires a good understanding of the industry.
- Knowledge in Portal management and/or API Gateway management
- Ability to manage a small team distributed in different locations/time zones.
- SRE experience is a must.
Nice to have qualifications:
Demonstrated understanding of TTS businesses
- Vendor relationship management including oversight for all offshore managed service.
- Improve the service level the team provides to our end users, which includes maximizing operational efficiencies, strengthening incident management, problem management and knowledge sharing practices.
- Guide development teams on application stability and supportability improvements.
- Formulate and implement a framework for managing capacity, throughput and latency.
- Define and implemented application on-boarding guidelines and standards.
- Work closely with Business Stakeholders, Channels and Payments Product team, Digital Client Support and Client implementation teams
- Ensure customer issues are resolved within the SLA and prompt follow-up to ensure closure of the and communication on the progress
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service
- Familiarity with Agile development methodology and monitoring tools
- Work with various team members on coaching them on how to maximize their potential, work better in a highly integrated team environment and focus on bringing out their strengths.
- Drives continued cost reductions and efficiencies across the portfolios supported by means of Root Cause Analysis reviews, Knowledge management, Performance tuning, and user training
- Strong analytical, problem-solving skills with attention to detail and client experience
- Participates in business review meetings, relating technology tools strategies to business requirements.
- Assures adherence to all support process and tool standards and work with Management to create new and/or enhance processes to ensure consistency and quality in “best practices” across the overall support program
- Influences and negotiates with senior leaders (across functions); may communicate with external parties
- Management responsibility for a team or multiple teams, including management of people, performance evaluation, hiring, disciplinary actions and terminations and budget approval.
- Performs other duties and functions as assigned
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
- Bachelor's/University degree, Master's degree preferred