**Nice to meet you! We are Ascenda.**
Help us transform how the world's biggest financial brands engage their customers.
The thrill of saving up loyalty points for an exciting trip, or the joy of treating your loved one to a Michelin star dinner courtesy of a special offer – these are the magical moments that Ascenda makes possible. This is why we are here.
We make loyalty simple for banks and payment networks globally. Previously, these companies had to endure complex patchworks of third-party systems, mediocre user experiences and 18-month implementation projects to deploy a competitive rewards program. We turn things upside down with loyalty solutions rooted in beautiful design, exceptional customer value and rapid implementation.
We're looking to bring in a passionate DevOps Engineer who is keen to learn and grow in a fast-paced environment. You take great pride and your work and feel a great sense of accomplishment in building secure and reliable infrastructures.
We've transitioned to a full DevOps approach. Our infrastructure is managed as code using Terraform. Our remaining VMs are managed by Ansible. Our production services run on stateless containers and adjust dynamically to the load, our deployments are fully automated. CI/CD is fully automated by Jenkins. We follow the Twelve Factors methodology. We're running our services on Kubernetes.
In a typical DevOps day we use the AWS console, Terraform, Ansible, Git, Kubectl, Jenkins, Helm, Datadog, Cloudflare, etc. to name a few.
We focus on automation, quality, and target compliance with the most stringent security standards (PCI-DSS, SOC2, ISO27k).
Our partners are financial institutions and airlines, and they expect a very high level of availability, reliability and security.
As a member of the DevOps team, you would use as many previously listed (and future) tools & technologies as you want to. This is a great opportunity to learn, experiment and get directly involved in all the existing and upcoming internal projects, and work closely with the developers. We're fully open to your new ideas and proposals.
A few examples of projects you could be involved in:
- Keep improving our new Kubernetes-based infrastructures and deployments
- Improve our global security globally by improving our logs monitoring and events detection (DevSecOps)
- Propose and implement improvements related to scalability, automation, performance, and security of platforms and data.
- Improve the flexibility of our infrastructure and configuration setups to be able to seamlessly deploy services to multiple regions and providers.
- API gateway, Services Mesh, Events streaming/bus. We're looking for a mid-level to senior profile with a true passion for DevOps, systems, automation.
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Travel benefits
- Flexible working environment (we allow for remote working, flexible hours when needed)
- Comfortable working environment (Every new hire gets a brand new Macbook Pro and 2 screens!)
- Diverse and friendly working culture. Members of our teams come from over 20 nationalities worldwide!
We expect you to have:
- Knowledge in Linux, Kubernetes, Terraform, Jenkins
- Experience with cloud service providers such as AWS, Azure, Alicloud, etc.
- Knowledge and interest in automation, configuration and infrastructure management tools
- Knowledge in scripting and writing small utilities (shell, Python, Golang, etc.)
- Knowledge and interest in systems and platforms security, observability, databases, networking, etc.
- Good communication skills, ability to work in the team
Ascenda will be sponsoring work visas for the right candidate.